Salon de la Princesse, Hôtel de Soubise
The Hotel de Soubise was built by the Prince and Princess de Soubise. Work began in 1704. The hotel is located in Paris on the site where the Hotel de Guise once was. Architect Pierre-Alexis Delamair was in-charge of the remodeling. The inside hasn’t changed much since the 18th century. It is an ornate building containing two semi-circular wings lined with pillars. It contains gilded carvings, mirror-glass embedded in the carved wood, and ceiling canvases. In 1808, the Hotel de Soubise became property of the State. Now it is the Museum of French History and a part of the French National Archives.
The woman nags enough and convinces the man that they need to go shopping to fit into the society; she just wants shoes and a new wardrobe.